Shopping for any item is synonymous with shopping for your reputation. Shopping can prove challenging for many. This is due to the fact that there are many outlets one can visit to buy clothes, accessories, among others.
When shopping for clothing or accessories, one should always remember that,”You are what you wear”.
It is important for each person to adhere to the following rules of thumb before going out for a shopping spree:
1. Have an understanding on which clothes work out for your body shape. Avoid buying a certain piece of cloth simply because you saw someone else adorned in the same design.
It is not advisable for a slender person to buy tight-fitting clothes as these will make her look slimmer.
2. Shop for items that accentuate your best features. If you are a plus size individual, you need to avoid buying clothes with huge prints. Any one who wears size 16 and above should also avoid going for large beaded necklaces. However, if one desires to wear these necklaces, it is advisable for them to go for simple designer clothes.
3. Go for items that minimize your flaws. For example, you could buy trouser suits if you have scars on your limbs. For women with chubby arms, sleeveless attires will do them no good.
4. Full figured women should by all means avoid buying bright-colored designs or prints, as these will make them look bigger.
5. Always try out a piece of cloth before buying it. This will keep you from investing items that won’t fit you or look good on you. One can also carry a friend along for a second opinion, so as not to make a wrong investment.
6. To avoid spending much on garments, women can also invest in plain ones and accessorize these with jewelery or belts.
7. Always invest in one or two plain black dresses. These are essential for evening functions,mainly dinners and cocktails. One can use scarfs, belts, bracelets, bangles, earrings, among others to accessorize such clothes.
As you plan to go shopping always remember that your finances will help you decide where you shop. There are many outlets worldwide where you can shop for items are reasonably cheaper rates. One doesn’t need to invest in designer clothes or accessories to look good. At times, all an individual requires is to develop strategies on how, where, and when to shop.